The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 5 August 2013

I'm Not The Doctor

Gary didn't join me until the second hour, as he was at home watching the announcement of the new Doctor. For some reason it wasn't me despite my suitability, it has gone to Peter Capaldi. I'd like to see Peter Capaldi present an alternative music show.

7pm-8pm

The Skag 'Stop And Listen'
Dee and Tee 'Something's Coming'
Half Man Half Biscuit 'Tour Jacket With Detachable Sleeves'
The Jesters 'My Babe'
The Wedding Present 'I'm From Further North Than You'
Nirvana vs Europe 'The Final Teen Spirit'
Housemartins vs The Smiths 'This Charming Caravan'
Bob 'You Never Take Me Nowhere'
Joy Division 'I Remember Nothing'
                    'Transmission'
                    'Inside The Line'
Half Man Half Biscuit 'Joy Division Oven Gloves'
William Tennant 'I'll Never Be Dr Who Now' (live performance from The Sunday Alternative)
Dead Kennedys 'I Fought The Law'

8pm-9pm

David Bowie 'This Is Not America' (ultrasound 12")
The Fall 'Eat Y'self Fitter'
REM vs David Bowie 'Everybody's Heroes'
Eminem vs David Bowie 'Let's Dance'
Stiff Little Fingers 'Gotta Getaway'
Less Than Jake 'Daddy Cool'
Kilburn And The High Roads 'The Badger And The Rabbit'
Barenaked Ladies 'Be My Yoko Ono'
David Bowie and The London Symphony Orchestra 'Space Oddity'