The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 24 October 2011

We're Getting The Band Back Together, Whether You Like It Or Not!

A good bit of interaction this week, which is one of the many reasons I am glad to be doing the show live. Today's subject was inspired by the reformation of The Stone Roses, an opinion divider if ever there was one, about bands that you'd like to see reform. We strayed away from the unsigned element of the show for large periods of time, but we enjoyed it. Also, as my daughter was sat at home listening, I played some Bon Jovi for her. Please accept my apologies for this, and be assured that this is still the coolest radio show going.

George Robey 'I Stopped! I Looked! I Listened!' (always like to start with a classic bit of music hall ditty)
The Undertones 'Teenage Kicks'
The Smiths 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'*
Guns And Roses 'Paradise City'*
Faith No More 'Ashes To Ashes'*
Soundgarden 'Black Hole Sun'*
Danny And The Juniors 'At The Hop'*
The Ronnettes/The Ramones 'Baby I Love You'*
Obsessive Compulsive 'Man vs Machine'
Gorillaz 'Feel Good Inc'
Separation Envy 'Ashes To Embers'
Edenshade 'Consequences'
Bon Jovi 'Living On A Prayer' (please read the introduction to the set-list for a good reason why I chipped away at my credibility to play this)
The Stone Roses 'I Am The Resurrection'
Showaddywaddy 'Hey Rock And Roll'*
Kings Of Leon 'Sex On Fire'
The Specials 'Friday Night, Saturday Morning'
Pure Reason Resolution 'Black Mourning'
Marc Reeves 'The Game'
Injured Birds 'Doldrums'
Swimming 'Neutron Wireless Crystal'
Thompson Twins 'Doctor Doctor'*
Queen 'Hammer To Fall'*
Joy Division 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'*

*Played as part of the 'bands you'd like to see reform' topic.