The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 20 August 2012

It Was Brian Eno!

Last week I played a popular jingle known as 'the computer turny onny offy sound', which goes like this. You hear it in your house and at work every day, but does anyone know who wrote it and the others? As nobody heard last week's show due to the Olympic closing ceremony, I attempted to play it again. The faders didn't work so I couldn't play it, so I snapped and just said "It's Brian Eno". If there was a prize, then I would have won it.

With no Olympic closing ceremony to stop us, we managed a really tight two hour show. What better way to welcome back our millions of listeners after they deserted us for a week?

9pm-10pm
Scott McKenzie 'San Fransisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)'
Brian Fahey Orchestra 'At The Sign Of The Swinging Cymbal'
Miss Piggy 'My Old Man Said Follow The Van'
Guitar Wolf 'Summertime Blues'
The Blueveils 'Come My Way'
The Tuesday Club 'Dolly Dynamite'
Hey Sholay 'Dreamboat'
Ringo Ska 'Can't Buy Me Love'
Nerina Pallot 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'*
Sebastopol 'Suffer Fools'
Joe Strummer 'Walk On The Wild Side' (a shit joke follows)
Half Man Half Biscuit 'Paintball's Coming Home'
Splodgenessabounds 'I've Got Lots Of Famous People Living Under The Floorboards Of My Humble Abode'

STEVE'S BIG BAG FULL OF BOWIE: Covers special
Nirvana 'The Man Who Sold The World'
Peter Noone 'Oh You Pretty Thing'
Ian McCulloch 'Changes'

10pm-11pm
Lonnie Donegan 'My Old Man's A Dustman'
Peter And The Test Tube Babies 'Spirit Of Keith Moon'

PENNY'S BLUEGRASS JAMBOREE:
Lee Morse And Her Bluegrass Boys 'Nobody Cares If I'm Blue'
Bill Monroe And The Bluegrass Boys 'Southern Flavour'
Honeywagon 'Billie Jean'

Jilted John 'Jilted John' (a really nice version, taken from the album)
Blakcan 'Dark Daze'
The Griswolds 'Psychobilly In Love'
The Swallows 'It Ain't The Meat'
Queen 'One Vision' (snippet for John Deacon's birthday)

NOTTINGHAM THREE:
The Petebox 'Where Is My Mind'
August Actually 'Vampire'
Injured Birds 'Forest' (live in session on Nottingham LACE)

*It is not a feature.