The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 24 June 2013

A remarkably stress free show tonight, I’m not keen on doing the show solo now I’ve established a good report with Gary, but family commitments kept him away this weekend. My live music guest was Joe Strange, who gave the sound engineers an easy job as he was just voice and acoustic guitar.

Once again, Gary is not doing an Erik.

7pm-8pm

Camper Van Beethoven ‘Pictures Of Matchstick Men’
CF98 ‘Runaway’
Nouvelle Vague ‘Teenage Kicks’
Full Blown Cherry ‘You Shook Me All Night Long’
Furniture ‘Brilliant Mind’
Kirsty McColl ‘There’s A Guy Works Down The Truck Stop Swears He’s Elvis’
Skanic ‘Breed’
The Jasmine Minks ‘Cold Heart’
Thirteenth Floor Elevators ‘Tried To Hide’
The Vaselines ‘Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam’
The Ronettes ‘I Wonder’
The Ramones ‘Baby I Love You’
The Alarm Clocks ‘Yeah’
Razors ‘Heroes’
Placebo ‘Five Years’

8pm-9pm

Human League ‘Do or Die’
Joe Strange ‘I Turned Around’

Joe Strange live in session
‘Ever Since The Day’
‘A Glimpse of You’
‘Caught In The Middle’
‘Roll It Over’

Joe Strange ‘Down In The River’
The Fall ‘Pacifying Joint’
Teardrop Explodes ‘Sleeping Gas’
Eugene Pitt And The Jive Five ‘Never Never’
The Ascots ‘I Need You’
Rip Rig And Panic ‘You’re My Kind Of Climate’


Joe Strange can be Internetted here