The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 9 January 2012

Happy Birthday David Bowie

Another solo affair, with Chris unavailable and Erik still pissing about pretending it is Christmas. Today is of course David Bowie's 65th birthday so it gave me an excuse to play some of the Dame's songs. Although I played a few of the more popular songs, I also broadcast a couple of less obvious compositions. I also played 'The Laughing Gnome'. Somebody had to!

George Formby 'When I'm Cleaning Windows'
David Bowie 'Life On Mars'
Half Man Half Biscuit 'Dickie Davis Eyes'
Fighting Evil Is Cool 'Brain Salad' and 'Ten Times More'
The Beat 'Mirror In The Bathroom'
Selector 'I Can See Clearly Now'
Mick Jagger and David Bowie 'Dancing In The Street'
Jake Morley 'Pondering On A Scenario In Which I'm The Hero'
Felice Brothers 'River Jordan'
David Bowie 'Starman' and 'Ashes To Ashes'
Buck Owens 'Act Naturally'
Bernard Cribbins 'Hole In The Ground'
David Bowie 'The Laughing Gnome'
Circus Envy 'Three Score And Ten' (first session on my Trent Sound show, watch them performing this song here)
Patrick Plunkett 'Attracting Attention' (another friend of the show, as seen here)
David Bowie 'Teenage Wildlife' and 'Some Are'
Kill21 'Whole Lotta Rosie'
Dirty Habit 'Verge Of Insanity'
Nirvana 'The Man Who Sold The World'
Golden Troubadours 'Road Of Bones' (friend of the show, as seen in session here)
Captain Dangerous 'Everything Beautiful Reminds Me Of You' (first session I recorded, as you can see here).
David Bowie 'Loving The Aliens'