The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 30 January 2012

Two Men And A Baby, On BBC4, Trekking Around Bulgaria, Talking About Opera

Tonight's show was a pre-recorded effort, which we did yesterday afternoon. I don't want to have to do pre-records to often, but as I'm unavailable tonight, it kept the continuity going. It would have been a shame to have had to have got a stand in, when Erik and I are on the brink of international stardom.

We were joined in the studio by Erik's daughter Anya, who was an absolute delight. A really cute little girl, who has such a sense of timing, she was able to stop making noises the instant the song started and the microphone went off. It was funny watching her play a kind of punch-ball game with the microphone when her daddy was attempting to talk into it.

We discussed our attempts to join the rank of the celebrity, and although BBC 6Music haven't been in touch yet, we have some ideas. Based on a tweet I received in the week, I pitched a chat show where I get to fight (and hopefully beat up) celebrities that I don't like. While I'm beating them, I ask them questions about their book/DVD/tour, whatever. Micheal Parkinson never had a punch up with his guests, I'm inventing a new concept in talk shows.

Erik wants to do high brow documentaries, which I have promised we can do after we've made our money doing pantomime and opening school fetes.

We managed to play a few songs too:

Tommy Cooper 'Don't Jump Off The Roof Dad'
The Ramones 'Blitzkrieg Bop'
Belly 'Feed The tree'
Joy Division 'Decades'
The Ataris 'Make It Last'
Illuminatus 'Falling Out Of An Airplane'
Marc Reeves 'Slow' (friend of the show, his videos are on YouTube)
Will Jeffery 'Heavy Hearted Man' (appearing on the show soon)
Wholesome Fish 'Reubens Train'
Weird Al Yankovic 'I Can't Watch This'
Nine Inch Nails 'Hurt'
Jesus Jones 'The Devil You Know'
The Cult 'She Sells Sanctuary'
The Barnum Meserve 'If You Had A Heart It Would Be Made Of Glass' (appearing on the show soon, they came on my old Sherwood Radio show too)
Stereo MCs 'Connected'
The Plasmatics 'Fast Food Service'