The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 2 April 2012

April Fool

At the very last minute, Erik texted me to inform me that he wasn't coming in. When I'm solo I always have to play more music, which isn't really a problem, but it loses continuity for the double act dynamic.

George Formby 'Why Don't Women Like Me?'
AC/DC 'Highway To Hell'
Desperate Bicycles 'Advice On Arrest'
Spoek Mathambo 'Control'
Linsay Ulman 'Bloodsucker'
Muse 'Please Please Please Let me Get What I Want'
Ray Charles 'Bein' Green'
Obsessive Compulsive 'Virago'
Useless ID 'No Time To Be A Teenager'
Barnum Meserve 'Stay Awake'
'Winter Mourning'
The Smears 'Scrape Patrol'

Louie Smells Like Rock and Roll
The Kinks 'Louie Louie'
The Flying Pickets 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'
Ghoti Hook 'I Love Rock and Roll'

Frank Carson 'Ip Dip Chibberty Dip'
Pearl Jam 'Release'
The Kinks 'All Day And All Of The Night'
Tsunami Bomb 'No One's Looking'
The Jam 'Going Underground'
Patti Smith 'Because The Night'
The Smears 'Freak Show'
Half Man Half Biscuit 'Four Skinny Indie Kids'
Proper English Gentlemen 'Friend Of A Friend'
Gallery 47 'Narcotic'
Faith No More 'Be Aggressive'
Hey Gamal 'Take Your Time'
Is Shepherd 'Pine Box'
Johnny Cymbal 'Mr Bassman'
The Raincoats 'Adventures Close To Home'
The Oppressed 'Do Anything You Wanna Do'
Visitor 'Close To Hell'
Stiltskin 'Inside' (This week's 'dad rock classic')