The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Sunday 8 April 2012

Sat At Home Eating Easter Eggs While This Is On

I recorded this show yesterday so I didn't have to drag myself away on a bank holiday. While this show was being broadcast, I was full to the brim with roast dinner and chocolate eggs. A new co-host joins me next week, she came to see me while I was recording. News on this to come.

Charles Penrose 'The Man Who Broke The Bank At Monte Carlo'
The Clash 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?'
Love At Death Beach 'Transfixion'
The Ataris 'Make It Last'
Dawes 'Million Dollar Bill'
Negativeland 'Perfect Scrambled Eggs'
Patrick Plunkett 'Attracting Attention'
The Felice Brothers 'Ponzi'
The Riffs 'Peter Gunn Theme' (sharp eared listeners will remember that this was my first opening theme way back on Sherwood Radio)
Therapy? 'Totally Random Man'
The Eviltones 'Eyes'
25 Past The Skank 'Come Again'

Louie Smells Like Rock and Roll
Toot and the Maytalls 'Louie Louie'
Goya 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'
The Arrows 'I Love Rock and Roll'

Frankie Howerd 'Three Little Fishes'
Guns n' Roses 'You Could Be Mine'
Wedding Present 'Back For Good'
Allotment Dogs 'Everything Comes Around'
mi6 'Weight Of The World'
Will Jeffery 'Heavy Hearted Man'
The Libertines 'Can't Stand Me Now' (played for my friend and colleague Andy from Notts Live, who is the world's biggest Libertines fan)
JD and the FDCs 'We Close Our Eyes'
Paul Weller and Noel Gallagher 'That's Entertainment'
Kagoule 'Silverback'
James 'Sit Down'
The Golden Troubadours 'Please'
Nirvana 'Lithium' (played as this week's 'dad rock classic' as it was the anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death last Thursday)